Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Being The Only Child

It is fun being the only child sometimes because you get what you want and get all the attention from your parents. I grew up with my cousins. My mum's sister's kids. They were like my brothers and sisters. We went to school together. I practically lived with them in their house. Even though we grew up together, we weren't really acting or felt like we were brother and sister. I was still the outsider.
Now that we're all older and wiser I thought things had changed and we were even closer now then we were when we were kids. But it hasn't. I still am and always will be the outsider... The cousin ONLY. Im not sad or even mad about it because at the end of the day its their lives and its their family.I happy with the life I have. I just wish I did have a brother or a sister.
I have friend's that have brothers and sisters and I see the love and the care they have for each other and how they always have each other's backs. I wish I could have that same family warmth and closeness. I mean I am really close to my mum. If fact, in my eyes she is my only family and I love to to death for doing everything she's ever done for me.
It's different when you do have a larger family I guess. It kind of feels lonely sometimes being the only child. But I guess thats why I'm really close to some of my friends. I have those few people in my life who I know will always have my back. Even though were from different muthas.

1 Comments:

Blogger 3anooda said...

Thats not always the case. I have 2 brothers and one sister. Im the youngest and u would think i would be the baby of the family that everyone takes care of and stuff. but bil3aks, im the most independant of them all. PLUS i dont really feel like they are the ones that would have my back. i have friends and cousins that i can depend on more than my own flesh and blood.

the grass is always greener on the other side

5:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home